Friday, April 5, 2013

Week 6


 
 





 


 

 
 

 


                This was such a hectic week for me. Unlike previous weeks, this week consisted mainly of me being on Photoshop, merging all the models I used last week with their corresponding element. I also had to get photos of myself taken so I could merge them with the element I chose for myself. I’m aware that we were supposed to have only twelve images, but there were some extra images I had to include in here. I made a few diptychs of certain elements because I thought that they would work very nicely together. Also, due to the large amount of elements included, having a diptych or two would allow all the elements I chose to be included. The order I placed them is set very similar to a spectrum. I started the series with the light elemental and ended it with the dark elemental. The elements in between have a closer spot to either light or dark depending on the characteristics of that specific element, such as fire being closer to light because it is luminescent,  provides warmth, and helps during colder times, unlike metal which is cold and sharp. Each model I chose shows an aspect of each element they represent like the models of fire are very young and full of energy, whereas the models for nature are very elegant and seem to be mystic, like forest fairies. I decided to only do one blog post this week because I wanted to showcase all my final pieces all at once and not have my final week split up into segments. I very much enjoyed working on this series, and I just love how I gave each of my elements their own twist with a bit of my own personal style and thinking incorporated in each one.





4 comments:

  1. I realized there is an error in my water images. I already fixed this error, but I haven't posted the image yet. Please excuse my little mistake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have a great skill when it comes to taking pictures with good value and contrast. the 3rd and 13th pictures are the strongest in my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this. The fact that I am light is pretty darn amazing. Your series is really growing as a whole now and I am glad you let me be a part of it. Your diptics are amazing, and the one with Nancy and the other kid is perfect. Very strong and very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're pictures look so professional alonso! I'm very impressed with your work!

    ReplyDelete